Servicing Clarkston, Tucker, Lilburn, and Stone Mountain Muslims since 1989.
A total of $1,440,866 has been spent on the new building since March, 2014. Outstanding pledges are estimated at $600,000 as of July 01, 2017. Construction account balance stands at $394,033. Work on the ground is resuming as of April, 2017. The scheduled work for each month going forward will require at least $200,000/mo. Masjid Al-Momineen is registered as a 501(c)-3 non-for profit religiousSelect Zakat, Sadaqa, New Masjid, etc...
1. Construction Update:
• The General Contractor (GC), Imran Niazi of Blackwater, informed the team that second floor concrete has been poured and installation of exterior Dens Glass sheets is continuing.
• GC is providing Matrix Engineering with the certification of steel stairs structure by the structural engineers instead of inspection certification by Matrix Engineering.
• GC has to provide the itemized schedule with completion dates to the construction committee without further delay.
2. Future Work Schedule:
• GC will complete the installation of exterior Dens Glass sheets in two weeks by August 10th.
• GC will clean and paint all rusted steel and pour concrete in stairs within this week.
• GC will get architect Engineer’s Report to install the roof without waiting for the placement of the outer Dome and start putting the roof on and get it ready for putting the Dome on it later on by making sure that any rain leak from the Dome in the future does not leak into the ceilings.
• GC will remove within this week the dirt and trash around the Detention Pond and around the construction site such that the DeKalb County inspectors have no issues.
• GC will get the new plumber permit to cover the exterior fire water lines in two weeks by August 10th.
3. Major Item Decision by the Board:
• As suggested by Br. Aziz Danani, the Board may consider changing the exterior design structure of the new Masjid building from stucco to brick walls to save some money and future maintenance.
4. Other Notable Items:
• Brother Yusuf Ali is asked to get the HAVC equipment quotes from Carrier and Lenox for comparison purposes while GC has acquired commercial rates from Tran for HAVC equipment, a total of 97 tons for number of units.
• GC pointed out that PVC roof would have to be changed for more durable material to avoid leak prone accidents during installation of the Dome and HAVC equipment.
As with any religious non-profit business, the Masjid income is strictly dependent on donations. However, as a mosque, Masjid Al-Momineen's income is restricted to Halal (permissible or prescribed by Islamic law) sources. As such, the Masjid cannot accept donations arising from purchase or sale of non-permissible products and services. Two sources of income exist for the current property.read more
We need your prayers. Make Du'a for us that we build the new Masjid and serve our community of Muslims and non-Muslims alike in the best manner possible.
There are a number of ways you can participate in the new Masjid Building project as well as many other activities...click on the icon to the left to find out more.
The building project requires a steady flow of funds to the tune of at least $200,000 a month to proceed on time and budget. Click on the left icon to see get a sense of the expenditures.
We have put together some of the most talented engineers and subject matter experts to build the new Masjid. Meet them individually below.
Choose one of the four options below to donate securely via PayPal's secure website using any credit card. Just click on a corresponding image and you will be routed to PayPal.
Per MonthClick image to donate Most Urgent!
Per MonthClick image to donate
Any TimeClick image to donate
of Net Wealth (3oz+ Gold)Click image to donate
WHOEVER BUILT A MOSQUE, ALLAH WOULD BUILD HIM A SIMILAR PLACE IN PARADISE. Sahih Al-Bukhari on authority of Othman Bin Affan RA.
Lovely people and great Management. The only place I feel relaxed.Khushal Gurbaz
The people at this masjid are really nice and welcoming.Anisa Haji
Very friendly and welcoming. I took my shahada here.Sadik Al-Farook.
We encourage anyone in the community to post articles about any topic of interest related to Islam and MASJID AL-MOMINEEN. Interested authors may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a special contributor password to this blog. Everyone is encouraged to post comments on published posts. We ask that you let sound reason and respect for the opinion and belief of others guide you in posting your comments and feedback.
The beginning of surat al-kahf (The Cave) starts with Praise be to Allah Who hath sent to His Servant the Book, and hath allowed therein no Crookedness: (1) (He hath made it) Straight (and Clear), in order that He may warn (the godless) of a terrible Punishment from Him, and that He may give Glad Tidings to the Believers who work righteous deeds...read more
One of the oft-repeated assertions in today'srhetoric is some variation of "Islam is inherently a violent religion." It, therefore, follows that Muslims are inherently a violent bunch. Terror acts by so-called Muslims further fuel these incendiary assertions and fill the canvas upon which a great world religion...read more
How would you react if someone made the following 4 statements: 1) Sherry is blond. Sherry is a murderer. Therefore, all women with blond hair are murderers. Or, all murderers are blond. 2) Chen is a Buddhist. Chen is a trained killer. Therefore, all Buddhists are trained killers. Or, all trained killers are Buddhists. 3) Paul is an Irish Christian. Paul is a terrorist...read more